30248Re: [John Muir Trail] Concerns about a dry Sept hike

  • Erica
    May 7, 2013
      Thanks, John - that is very true - and reassuring. Hopefully we'll get some trail reports from people here beforehand that can help with preparation. We're going to be overlapping almost exactly in opposite directions (Aug 30 - Sept 17 SOBO) ! - so, sounds like I'll be seeing you halfway!

      How much water will you be carrying in your dry stretches? I'm debating if I should bring an additional collapsible water bottle in my pack just in case...

      > My hike is Aug 30 - Sept 18 Northbound.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic