28800Re: If you plan on arriving at Tuolumne Meadows on Sunday, has anyone researched supply pickup option?

  • Erica
    Mar 21, 2013
      I just saw this thread and was wondering if anyone found out anything on this?

      I realized not only am I going to be passing through TM on Sunday - but even if I took my time, the next day is Labor Day, so it's pointless.

      I'm hoping to avoid having to wait until Reds for my first resupply (though with our quick hike it should only be about 5 or 6 days of food, which isn't horrible). What sort of items does the TM store carry? I'm wondering if I might be able to either pick up enough stuff there to supplement my supplies for the trip between TM & Reds (maybe buy supplies there for breakfast and lunches/snacks and already be carrying my dinners).

      Does anyone know if the TM store hours are listed anywhere? Are there any other places there to eat/buy supplies I should consider?

      Erica

      > Hi,
      >
      > This may have been covered 1-2 years ago. If not, I'd like it if someone
      > could help me make some phone calls and find out if an option exists. If
      > so, could someone remind us of the answer.
      >
      > If one arrives in Tuolumne Meadows on Sunday, the post office is closed
      > then ( see http://tinyurl.com/anxxo8a -- which is the link to the super
      > long USPS.COM web page link for that post office and its hours -- pertinent
      > information shown below):
      >
      > TUOLUMNE MEADOWS POST OFFICE
      > 14000 HIGHWAY 120 E
      > YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CA 95389-9906
      > Retail Hours
      > Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
      > Sat 9:00am - 12:00pm
      > Sun Closed
      > 800-ASK-USPSĀ® (800-275-8777)
      > Phone 209-372-4475
      > TTY 877-889-2457
      >
      > The question a fellow hiker asked me offline is if one can make an
      > arrangement with either the general store (next door to the post office) or
      > the sporting goods store in Tuolumne Meadows (which is next door to the gas
      > station just downhill from the general store) to ship your goods there for
      > a small negotiable fee and pick up your supplies from them.
      >
      > I tried to find the name of the store and sporting goods store and the
      > phone numbers and the best I could come up with is the following links,
      > names and phone numbers:
      >
      > I think the name of the two places are:
      > Tuolumne Meadows Sport Shop and Tuolumne Meadows Store
      > per this link: http://www.campingatyosemite.com/yosemite_shopping.htm
      >
      > I did find this information for phone numbers though (but not sure if any
      > of them are for
      > either store above):
      > Yosemite Concession Services Tuolumne Meadows
      > (209) 372-8427
      > http://local.yahoo.com/CA/Tuolumne+Meadows/Recreation+Sporting+Goods
      > Also this number:
      > Licensed Sales Numbers:
      > TUOLUMNE MEADOWS
      > 9001 Village Dr.
      > Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
      > (209) 372-1127
      > http://www.dfg.ca.gov/m/LicenseSales/Details/122984-003
      > and these numbers shown here:
      > http://www.yosemitepark.net/phone.htm
      > The area code for the below numbers is 209. For any 3 digit #s add (area
      > code) then 372-0
      > Wilderness Permits Tuolumne 309
      > Tuolumne Campground Information 372-4025
      > Tuolumne District Law 372-0450
      > Tuolumne Meadows 263
      > CAMPGROUND TM 402
      > CHEVRON TM -8410