      From: julesnmaya <julesliuk@...>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Resupply in Bishop
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 2:34 PM

      --- In johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com, Scott Dowling <pilgrimat2k@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Kevin, I figured the 1-1/2 day walk into Bishop, but the rock slide
      is another thing.
      > How bad is the slide and is it on the Dusy Basin side of the pass or
      the South Lake side and is it a wide area that can be easily navigated
      around? I have a mail drop going to Bishop, but could re-direct it to
      Independence if need be.
      > Thanks for you input.....Scott

      slide that took out a section of the the trail on Bishop Pass, so you
      have to pick your own way for a mile or so. Once you get to South Lake
      it is a 15+ mile ride to town. I see getting the ride back harder than
      the ride in. South Lake is a busy place. It will take you longer to
      get from the Bishop pass trail to South lake and back than it will to
      get from Muir Ranch to the Bishop Trail, plus you add in the 2 extra
      passes going over Bishop Pass 2 times.
      > Kevin
      > www.kevinaston. com
      >
      > Scott Dowling <pilgrimat2k@ yahoo.com> wrote: I am going to resupply
      in Bishop and take a day off. I am wondering how hard it is to catch a
      ride at South Lake Trail head after coming off the Bishop Pass Trail
      and getting into Bishop?

      > Scott, the rock slide is minimal and we could easily navigate our
      way through the boulders in a few minutes. It is on the South Lake
      side of the pass. Julie