      From: Kevin Aston <kevin@...>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Resupply in Bishop
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 3:23 PM

      Its about 1 1/2 day hike out and the same back in. There is a rock slide that took out a section of the the trail on Bishop Pass, so you have to pick your own way for a mile or so. Once you get to South Lake it is a 15+ mile ride to town. I see getting the ride back harder than the ride in. South Lake is a busy place. It will take you longer to get from the Bishop pass trail to South lake and back than it will to get from Muir Ranch to the Bishop Trail, plus you add in the 2 extra passes going over Bishop Pass 2 times.
      Kevin
      www.kevinaston. com

      Scott Dowling <pilgrimat2k@ yahoo.com> wrote: I am going to resupply in Bishop and take a day off. I am wondering how hard it is to catch a ride at South Lake Trail head after coming off the Bishop Pass Trail and getting into Bishop?