2822Re: Resupply in Bishop

  • julesnmaya
    Aug 4, 2008
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Scott Dowling <pilgrimat2k@...>
      wrote:

      > I am going to resupply in Bishop and take a day off. I am wondering
      how hard it is to catch a ride at South Lake Trail head after coming
      off the Bishop Pass Trail and getting into Bishop?

      We left from South Lake on a Sunday in mid July and we ran into a
      number of day hikers so I think you would have good luck on a weekend.
      I'm not sure about a weekday. Not that you asked, but that is a
      longgg uphill through Dusy Basin (stunning though) over Bishop Pass
      from the JMT junction. Have you given any thought to resupplying over
      Kearsarge Pass to Onion Valley in Independence. This town is really
      small though and I noticed the grocery store is closed, but there is a
      small market attached to the gas station. You could hitchhike to Lone
      Pine, though--which has a lot more options. Bishop is a quite a bit
      farther north. Anyway, some info to consider. Julie
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic