      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: pilgrimat2k@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:21:53 -0700
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] Resupply in Bishop

      Yeah I know what you mean. I might get a ride then again maybe not. I've seen lots of folks on the AT that did just that, went into town and never returned. Last time I did the JMT I packed straight thru from VVR to Whitney Portal and I said that I'd never do that again. That's the reason for resupply in Bishop.

      From: robert shattuck <bobolonius@...>

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 3:02 AM

      It's like the rain末you never know. I've never come out at bishop, but

      I'm betting there's a lot less traffic than at whitney portal, so you

      might walk a few miles. I think your real problem will be once you get into

      town, get that hotel room, a beer, some TV . . . I've met three groups of

      JMT hikers, all so close to finishing and then they went out and hit spots on

      395 and that was that末they never made it back up and into the mountains. Never

      sat on whitney, or stormed down the trail to a burger at the portal store . . .

      fight the urge.

      sparklefart.blogspot.com

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

      From: pilgrimat2k@...

      Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:42:14 -0700

      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Resupply in Bishop

      I am going to resupply in Bishop and take a day off. I am wondering

      how hard it is to catch a ride at South Lake Trail head after coming off the

      Bishop Pass Trail and getting into Bishop?