27521Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Tuolomne permit

    Feb 19, 2013
      John, just a note to state I'm not ignoring your last couple of posts.  I just think I've made every point worth making and I think you have too.  The audience can make up their own minds about this.  I do think much of the thinking outside of the box has been necessitated by the Half-Domers eating up traditional JMT permit reservations causing JMTers to resort to more creative means.  I will admit since the JMT has become more popular that it was bound to happen anyway.  I do not think my documenting the options is the sole reason people are doing this. Anyone who studied the rules and the trailhead entry options would have to come to the same conclusion I came too.  It was so obvious.  I think much more obvious than how to connect 9 dots with 4 straight lines. I doubt if more than a single handful of reservations ever go for the Rafferty Creek TH option, as most JMTers want to start near Happy Isles.

      We do know that one JMTer has gone for the Rafferty Creek TH option, because it happened today!

      Roleigh
      _

      On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM, John <johndittli@...> wrote:

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin wrote:

      > Are those people who can solve this puzzle unethical?

      And if the puzzle adversely affects people or place?

      John

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic