27335Invitation to interested JohnMuirTrail group members interested in doing a slow-paced JMT 2013 group hike

    Feb 14, 2013
    Hi,

    As I have done this in the past, I am again once again doing this in 2013.

    I have obtained a Southbound JMT 6 member group hike permit reservation for 2013, starting July 17, and am reaching out to this group first to see whom might be interested in joining me this year.  If more express interest than is available, two options exist (a) I will favor those I know the best to be in the first group of three hikers to join the group and (b) extras can join the group but will have to both get their own permit (I'll show you how) and book their own room at Muir Trail Ranch if there is space left (there probably is for at least one person extra as one of the secured cabins allows 3 people).  Last, I am leaving space for two other hikers to join later but should those two slots not be open, those slots can be used for those who do not make the first three selected via this invite.

    This will be my 6th JMT and my 13th consecutive long hike in the High Sierras (I did 7 years on the High Sierra Trail in Sequoia National Park before that).  I am age 63 and in good health.  I am currently the lead moderator on the JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group which has about 1700 members and a lifetime member of BackPackingLight.com.  See my Google Profile for my hiking experience.

    Please read the attached and let me know (via an offline reply to roleigh [at] pobox [dot] com if your are interested).  I hope a good handful of you are!

    Roleigh Martin
    Lead Moderator, JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group (2011-2013).
    Delmar NY