27328[John Muir Trail] Re: Tuolomne permit

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Feb 13, 2013
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin wrote:

      > Anyway, the Yosemite National Park has complete control over their own
      > rules and on the content of what is put on their JMT page.

      I agree. Presumably Yosemite could implement a more restrictive system like Grand Canyon or Smoky Mountains but such a step has not been considered necessary. Personally, I'm glad that there is no requirement for sticking to nightly camping locations after the first night since this provides more spontaneity during the trip. The only way they could really "crack down" is to limit the number of overnight campers for specific regions rather than specify trailhead quotas. Imagine the stress that would cause!
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic