27097Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Tuolomne permit

    Feb 6, 2013
      Cathedral Lakes though is going in the opposite direction than what she wants, if she goes that way her JMT hike ends in 21 miles, she is interested in going the other way.  Now, if one is allowed to use this TH option to camp at Cathedral Lakes the first night then turn around and go back on the JMT, that is something to ask about too.  It's only about 4 miles from TM.
      _

      On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Gail <forgetwho@...> wrote:

      Cathedral Lakes appears to be an option from Tuolumne. From the Yosemite NP Trailhead Information page (http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/trailheads.htm):

      "Why isn't the John Muir Trail listed?
      The John Muir Trail can be directly accessed via three separate trailheads:

      From Yosemite Valley: Happy Isles to Sunrise/Merced Lake (pass through)
      From Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite Valley: Cathedral Lakes
      From Tuolumne Meadows exiting the park: Lyell Canyon"

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "John" wrote:

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin wrote:
      > >
      > > Bob, others,
      > >
      > > What about the "Rafferty Creek->Vogelsang" TH option. Both "Rafferty
      > > Creek->Vogelsang" and "Lyell Canyon" options both have "Vogelsang High
      >
      > I believe the Rafferty Creek permit is designed to separate those
      > wishing to hike over Volgelsang Pass from those that wish to continue up
      > the Lyell Fork. To intersect the JMT via Volgelsang is a very long,
      > albeit interesting, detour. One would intersect the JMT near Devil's
      > Postpile.
      > JDWalk the Sky

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic