26953If you plan on arriving at Tuolumne Meadows on Sunday, has anyone researched supply pickup option?

    Feb 1, 2013
      Hi,

      This may have been covered 1-2 years ago.  If not, I'd like it if someone could help me make some phone calls and find out if an option exists.  If so, could someone remind us of the answer.

      If one arrives in Tuolumne Meadows on Sunday, the post office is closed then ( see http://tinyurl.com/anxxo8a -- which is the link to the super long USPS.COM web page link for that post office and its hours -- pertinent information shown below):

      TUOLUMNE MEADOWS POST OFFICE
      14000 HIGHWAY 120 E
      YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CA 95389-9906
      Retail Hours
      Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
      Sat 9:00am - 12:00pm
      Sun Closed
      800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777)
      Phone 209-372-4475
      TTY 877-889-2457

      The question a fellow hiker asked me offline is if one can make an arrangement with either the general store (next door to the post office) or the sporting goods store in Tuolumne Meadows (which is next door to the gas station just downhill from the general store) to ship your goods there for a small negotiable fee and pick up your supplies from them.

      I tried to find the name of the store and sporting goods store and the phone numbers and the best I could come up with is the following links, names and phone numbers:

      I think the name of the two places are:
      Tuolumne Meadows Sport Shop and Tuolumne Meadows Store

      I did find this information for phone numbers though (but not sure if any of them are for
      either store above):
      Yosemite Concession Services Tuolumne Meadows
      (209) 372-8427
      Also this number:
      Licensed Sales Numbers:
      TUOLUMNE MEADOWS
      9001 Village Dr.
      Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
      (209) 372-1127
      and these numbers shown here:
      The area code for the below numbers is 209. For any 3 digit #s add (area code) then 372-0
      Wilderness Permits Tuolumne 309
      Tuolumne Campground Information 372-4025
      Tuolumne District Law 372-0450
      Tuolumne Meadows 263
      CAMPGROUND TM 402
      CHEVRON TM -8410
      WILDRNSS TM KIOSK 309

      _

      On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM, W...  wrote:
      on getting supplies at TM when it is closed on Sunday? That is when I will arrive....

      I wonder if there is a place to bring a bucket up there and leave it at the general store...just curious.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic