26426Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Saving Weight on Hydration

    Jan 1, 2013
      On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Robert <rnperky@...> wrote:

      ... I used a small black dropper bottle with enough premixed drops to treat all of my water for the day. You need to do a little experimenting to match drop volume compared to the AM bottles. As long as the bottle with the premix solution does not allow light in, the premix mixture will stay good for a day or more.

      If you don't have a black bottle, wrap a regular dropper bottle with some duct tape to keep the light out. If you leave a small gap in the tape you can see how much liquid remains in the premix bottle
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic