26411[John Muir Trail] Re: Saving Weight on Hydration

  • alanjrich007
    Dec 31, 2012
      I've been happy with the Potable Aqua PA Plus tablets.  The iodine tablet can be a little slow to dissolve in cold water; I fill my bottle then pop a tablet in, then after 5 minutes or so when it's dissolved I shake the bottle to mix it.  In 30 minutes your water is purified.

      The PA Plus version has a second tablet you can add after this 30 minutes to neutralize the iodine - it dissolves quickly, removes any iodine taste and leaves the water clear.

      It's a pretty simple and trouble-free system...

      Alan

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, John Ladd wrote:

      > On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Gail forgetwho@... wrote:
      >
      > > Is there an advantage to using the drops over the tablets?
      >

      > I tended to worry that the tablets might not dissolve quickly. Others who
      > have used them might comment.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic