25686Re: Conventional Wisdom Regarding GPS on JMT

  • charliepolecat
    Nov 6, 2012
      It is also important if you do get into trouble, and need to call the emergency services for help, that you understand what the operator is asking you for. There are often more than one interpretation depending on how good you are to listening and what your experiences are; Following is one interpretation, and in this case the wrong one.

      By the way, it's a joke, but a useful one.

      Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic