25649Re: [John Muir Trail] Conventional Wisdom Regarding GPS on JMT

  • charliepolecat
    Nov 4, 2012
      One area I found particularly confusing was south bound just past the Clouds Rest turnoff after going through LYV. You cross the creek - muddy and not very appetizing looking - and then there is a scrubby mess with many false trails and no obvious way through. The best thing to do, it seemed to me, was to wait for someone to approach from the opposite direction and ask which of the various options was the JMT.

      I doubt if a GPS would have helped there.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic