25218Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Creating the John Muir Trail Association

  • Don Amundson
    Sep 7, 2012
      John-It's not often we agree but you've hit the nail on the head here.  What problem are we hoping to solve with a JMT association?  This whole discussion grew from a question about how isolated the trail is to a number crunching issue. The JMT isn't suffering from the issues common with trails that depend on organizations to maintain them.

      On Sep 3, 2012, at 4:14 PM, "John Ladd" <johnladd@...> wrote:

      On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Ralph Alcorn <rbalcorn@...> wrote:

      I think the PCTA would be willing to beef up their JMT info if there were more interest. They already have a JMT section.

      Assuming Ralph is right about this, I think working with PCTA to improve their JMT section would be a great way to go.

      I'd hate to see a JMTA be a solution in search of a problem.