25140Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Creating the John Muir Trail Association

    Sep 4, 2012
      On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Ralph Alcorn <rbalcorn@...> wrote:
      There is also a John Muir Trail Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2240988980/  It has 1100+ members, but not much activity. If all the Yahoo group members were also there, I think the Yahoo activity would drop to nil.

      I'm a member of both groups. I find the FB group good for pictures and socializing and for tidbits (e.g., favorite lake on the JMT), but the format is not good for any detailed exploration of a more complicated issue.  And the lack of a Links feature is a serious problem.  Both groups have about the same number of members, but I think our content is way better.  And Ralph is right about the level of activity.  I probably get 20 postings on the Yahoo group for every one on FB.

      John
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic