25128Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Creating the John Muir Trail Association

  • Don Amundson
    Sep 3, 2012
      John-It's not often we agree but you've hit the nail on the head here.  What problem are we hoping to solve with a JMT association?  This whole discussion grew from a question about how isolated the trail is to a number crunching issue and now is becoming the elephant in the living room. The JMT isn't exactly suffering from the issues common with trails that depend on organizations to maintain them. There is certainly enough information currently available about the trail and how to plan for hiking it to keep someone in informational overload for far longer than they may care for.

      On Sep 3, 2012, at 4:14 PM, "John Ladd" <johnladd@...> wrote:

      I'd hate to see a JMTA be a solution in search of a problem.