25126Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Creating the John Muir Trail Association

    Sep 3, 2012
      What if the PCTA created a chapter of the same people who'd start a JMT Association whose purpose would be to see that the JMT chapter of the PCTA gets as much focus if not more than if they were on their own.  I'm thinking of the Adirondack Mountain Club (adk.org) which has various chapters, including it's biggest chapter, the Albany chapter of the ADK.  Similarly, the Appalachian Mountain Club has various state chapters, which have strong chapters.

      _

      On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM, charliepolecat <kennethjessett@...> wrote:

      "I think the PCTA would be willing to beef up their JMT info if there were more interest. They already have a JMT section.."

      That won't work. General Motors did something similar with their divisions and most of those disappeared through neglect.

      As far as I'm concerned, none of the other JMT sites have much to offer and none seem interested in responding to queries, I know, I've tried and met a wall of silence.

      Commercial sites breed opportunism, and we need an association that is entirely for the benefit of its members, and not just to sell a book.

      Ken.

      (Hopefully, a founding member of the John Muir Trail Association.)

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic