25124Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Creating the John Muir Trail Association

    Sep 3, 2012
      Ralph, you have a very strong and convincing point here.  John Ladd, John Dittli, Ned, others?  What do you think?  Perhaps a jointly-written letter to the PCTA organization might achieve what we need.
      _

      On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Ralph Alcorn <rbalcorn@...> wrote:

      I instinctively resist the mailings, fund drives, etc of yet another trail organization unless it really fills a void. I'm a member of quite a few already. Compared to most long trails, the JMT is totally enclosed in federal lands, and is an object of pride for both the NPS and the USFS. I think the PCTA would be willing to beef up their JMT info if there were more interest. They already have a JMT section. They just need to add a Forum category to point to the Yahoo JMT group.

      In the interests of full disclosure, we do have a JMT web page, but that is not driving my objection here.
      --
      Ralph Alcorn
      http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic