25120Re: Creating the John Muir Trail Association

  • Ralph Alcorn
    Sep 3, 2012
      I instinctively resist the mailings, fund drives, etc of yet another trail organization unless it really fills a void. I'm a member of quite a few already. Compared to most long trails, the JMT is totally enclosed in federal lands, and is an object of pride for both the NPS and the USFS. I think the PCTA would be willing to beef up their JMT info if there were more interest. They already have a JMT section. They just need to add a Forum category to point to the Yahoo JMT group.

      In the interests of full disclosure, we do have a JMT web page, but that is not driving my objection here.
      Ralph Alcorn
      Shepherd Canyon books, Publisher of
      We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers (also in Kindle), and
      Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago (also in Kindle)

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic