2463Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Muir Trail Ranch- When do you mail the bucket?

  • Paul England
    Jul 1, 2008
      Hi Jim - I'm with Josh. I mailed my bucket to MTR three weeks before I expected to arrive and it was waiting there. Also, last year I mailed three buckets for some visitors from the UK less than two weeks prior to their arrival and they made it just fine. I was nervous about the short time span and called the info line for MTR and they assured me it would be fine. You have plenty of time to figure things out. Have fun planning your meals. A word to the wise - err on the side of having too much food. We sort of ran out and I had to mooch some food on the trail for two days until our final resupply with a friend in Vidette Meadow. I have a voracious appetite on the trail and I was just trying to travel too light!!

      josh0322 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hi Jim
      If it literally says "2 to 3 weeks" i would round up to 3 weeks and
      send it 2-day. You should definitely be in the clear that way...