2462Re: Anyone SOBO from Happy Isles early August?

  • Drew
    Jul 1 2:08 PM
      My hiking buddy and I are scheduled to depart on Aug 4th from Glacier
      Point.

      We are finalizing both our food Cache and zero day choices. Should
      have a decision by the end of the week. I doubt we will be burning up
      the trail either, coming from sea level in the Northwest.

      The only true unknown at this point is if my previously torn calf
      muscle can withstand the trail..

      Once we hit our zero day (probably at VVR) you may catch up to us. If
      so, your welcome to join in. I'll post our most likely schedule by
      weeks end.

      HikingDrew

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, josh0322 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I'm wondering if there's anyone on this group who will be headed
      > towards Whitney starting around Aug.5
      > I will be leaving from the trailhead that day with my father but he
      > will be turning back a couple days later. I will continue on to
      > Whitney but would love to have some company.
      > Will there be many JMT thru-hikers out that I might be able to make
      > friends with?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Josh

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic