2451Re: Anyone SOBO from Happy Isles early August?

  • david
    Jul 1, 2008
      Fellow Solo Pedestrian,
      I'm planning to leave Toulomne Valley on August 3rd or 4th (I'm going to try for a walk-
      up permit). I'll be bringing my fly rod, and take at least two zero days. I expect that you
      will zip past me as we ascend one of the passes. Most of my family are concerned about
      the solo aspect of the hike. But I'm looking forward to the combination of the meeting new
      folks and the chance for some solitude.
      David "stocky" Stockbridge
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, josh0322 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I'm wondering if there's anyone on this group who will be headed
      > towards Whitney starting around Aug.5
      > I will be leaving from the trailhead that day with my father but he
      > will be turning back a couple days later. I will continue on to
      > Whitney but would love to have some company.
      > Will there be many JMT thru-hikers out that I might be able to make
      > friends with?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Josh

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic