24449Re: [John Muir Trail] Finished on July 29th

  • Jeremy foltz
    Aug 1, 2012
      I wasn't bagging on her but more reporting what I saw.   I enjoyed it but thought she really went over the top with a man in front of her family.  Like I said I could handle it.   I will paraphrase so as not to offend anyone.   She told him to break a vertebrae in his back so he could perform oral sex on himself when he thought she skimped on the fries.

      As far as MTR goes.   Sure they don't have to provide the service and I don't necessarily consider my comments a flame but they were rude.   Plain and simple. To say they aren't making any money off the hikers at $55 a bucket can't be true.     Sorry guys not trying to start another argument it was just how I see it and thought you were dismissing my comments as false.

      On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM, cjoslyn99 <cjoslyn99@...> wrote:

      Yes, they have power strips you can plug into. But unlike VVR, you need
      to provide the adapter.

      Re: some other comments. People shouldn't bag on Olive, she's cool and
      never gave anyone problems about getting a veggie etc. options (though
      they were limited). She's part of the color of the joint (like anyone
      that's been to Ed Debevic's in Chicago) and I've never seen her rude to
      anyone that wasn't playing the game w/ her.

      Only had breakfast at Reds and thought it was "ok". VVR breakfast was
      awesome and the Saturday BBQ is unbeatable.

      On MTR, I don't think it's fair to say they're discriminating against
      hikers. They're not as well positioned as places like VVR to offer the
      same level of services to thru-hikers and it's not their focus. Be
      glad they offer the resupply service at all, though personally , I'll
      probably skip the side trip to MTR (unless I'm staying there).

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Spencer Goodwine <sdgoodwine@...>
      wrote:

      > Will MTR even allow you to recharge batteries? I was banking on it as
      it
      > says it's fine on their website.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic