23031Re: Long-term parking at Glacier Point question

  • Herb
    Jun 4, 2012
      Scott--

      When we hiked the JMT in 2009 we left a car at Glacier for 2 weeks. I do not believe the parking situation has changed. But we did wind up bringing a home a stowaway though. A very small mouse made a nest in the air system. He was working his way through my leftover sunflower seeds when I dispossessed him of his new home.

      Badger is closed until winter.

      It is a very long drive between WP and Glacier, about 1.5 hours longer than if you were in the valley. But, hey, you do what you gotta do to hike the JMT. And a GP start is grand, especially if you are hiking late afternoon.

      Herb

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <scott.marley@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I'm gearing up for a southbound JMT hike with a start at Glacier Point. Does anyone know if there is long-term parking at Glacier Point? I'm trying to avoid paying for a bus shuttle and if I can park there will retrieve my vehicle after the hike. I can't seem to find a definitive answer online.
      >
      > Thanks to all the regulars for providing their knowledge. I've learned a lot about the hike from following the forum.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic