22525Re: Think of purchasing a Bearikade Expedition Cannister as purchasing Gold -- it will not lose its value

  • rnperky@sbcglobal.net
    May 2, 2012
      Too funny! I agree that my Bearikade, ( Weekender ), has been WELL worth the initial outlay, but it has paid for itself repeatedly in my years in the Sierras! It even has some 'war scars' from a prolonged attempt to open it by a bear in Vidette Meadows several years back. If I had to get 8 - 9 days worth of food from MTR to Whitney Portal, I would opt for the Expedition everytime over seperate containers. It is going to save on a lot of weight and you can put a lot of your other gear in it as your food supply dwindles.

      > Think of purchasing a Bearikade Expedition Cannister as purchasing Gold --
      > it will not lose its value.
      >
      > It's nearly as indestructible as Gold too. Yes it could catch some
      > scratches but nobody cares about that. The "O" ring could get old but
      > those are cheap to replace.
      >
      > *Specifications:*
      > • 2 pounds 5 ounces
      > • 9" diameter base by 14" length
      > • 900 cubic inch volume
      >
      > You would never have a problem selling a one year old Bearikade Expedition
      > Cannister for $40 less than a new one I'd be willing to bet. I know I
      > bought a used one for $40 less than a new one.
      >
      > http://www.wild-ideas.net/b_expedition.html
      > [image: Inline image 1]
      > Visit Roleigh's Google
      > Profile<https://profiles.google.com/104440166440169700478/about>