21953[John Muir Trail] Re: TM to HI in one day

  • Robert
    Apr 2 7:54 PM
      Roleigh, We had daypacks for that leg. We had friends and family that did Half-Dome that day starting the same time as us and we met up at TM later that afternoon. One of my hiking partners, ( Brian, 'Phreak" , did Happy Isles to Half-Dome, the Clouds Rest detour to Sunrise, then the JMT trail and still made it back that evening to meet up with the rest of us at Tuolumne meadows. He did some trail running though.

      I did TM to HI with a full pack a few years back, with an approximate weight of 18-20 lbs or so by the end of our trip.

      > Robert, for those who don't know the whole story (I forget parts of it),
      > didn't you ship or leave much of your gear at TM, so that you could hike
      > very light up to TM from YV? What was your full pack weight starting out
      > that morning (with pack, stuff inside pack, and food)?

      > Visit Roleigh's Google
      > Profile<https://profiles.google.com/104440166440169700478/about>
      > _

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic