21923Re: [John Muir Trail] thanks for the sleeping bag info

    Apr 1, 2012
      I love a little extra room at my feet. I suggest getting the long.  Also, occasionally you want to keep something in the bag and placing them at the end is usually the most comfortable way (e.g., your water bottle if it is in danger of freezing, isobutane canister)

      On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM, h_talon <h_talon@...> wrote:

      I'm going to have a six moons trekker for a tent, and no added
      body for add warmth, ( solo hiking )

      date (thanks to my great wife) 20 aug - 8sept ..

      I've decided to go with a Western Mountaineering UltraLite Sleeping Bag good to 20 degrees ... only thing is I'm 6'01" and the smaller
      is for a 6' wonder if I can squeeze in. it would save 2oz .. can i a ford the weight :-) ..

      again thanks for the help :-)

      to figure out the food thing :-) not to mention I'm starting
      P90X soon .. this will be fun ...

      Talon

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic