19853Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: I'm seriously considering leaving my water filter at home next summer

    Jan 3, 2012
      Peter,

      Thanks for participating in this thread.  What do you think of that .5 micron filter I mentioned.  I know it is not good enough for bacteria filtering, only the Crypto/Giardia.  My dislike of filters for long distance hikes is the times I've seen the filter get so sluggish that even doing field maintenance couldn't get it working well enough to use, or do you have a filter where that is never the case?  What filter do you use, what does it weigh?

      Thanks!
      Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
      _

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic