19814Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Naive question - permits North of Yosemite?

  • LEBRUN
    Dec 31, 2011
      I hiked this route summer 2011 with my eighteen year old son.

      If you want details more details (e.g., food resupply, transportation, route description) let me know.

      Bruce

      On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Wilderness <wildvagabond@...> wrote:

      Thanks Kim and John for the information. Thanks, John, for the offer of a resupply and some company. This is very gracious and potentially a terrific trip enhancement. I hope we (Dave and I) can work out the logistics and the time and stuff and do the next section N from Yosemite. Will be responding as we work out the details. Rob

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Kim Fishburn <outhiking_55@...> wrote:

      > When I hiked the Tahoe Yosemite trail southbound I got one permit at the ranger station at South Lake Tahoe that was good for the whole hike. This was in 1988 so things may have changed. Anytime I've gotten a permit from outside of Yosemite but was planning on entering the park from another wilderness that ranger office took care of everything.
      >

      > Kim

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic