1947Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Longest Stretch without Water on JMT

  • yountvlmom@aol.com
    Mar 27, 2008
      Those weather changes make the Sierras so beautiful. We hiked the High
      Sierra Trail last August and one half hour after laying on a beach at a mountain
      lake we were in a hail storm!

      Darlene

      In a message dated 3/27/2008 11:09:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      dwmcguire@... writes:

      I had the exact same experience hiking that section of trail in 2005. It was
      a cold, rainy morning and my mood was matching the general gloom. The
      temperature was hovering right above freezing and I had just convinced
      myself that it was going to start snowing soon. Suddenly, the clouds started
      breaking up, Cascade Valley kept peeking out, and sun started streaming in.
      In the course of ½ an hour I went from being a damp, dumpy plodder through
      the woods to an elated, joyful thru hiker taking a stunning view…

      Gotta love those weather changes!

      Scooter