1945Re: [John Muir Trail] Longest Stretch without Water on JMT

  • Fred Sharples
    Mar 27, 2008
      In addition to Dear Creek, also keep in mind Seldon Pass down to Paiute
      creek. (if you bypass Muir Trail Ranch)
      http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=189943

      also Guitar Lake and up over the summit of Whitney. Last June water was
      almost non-existent until you get down to near Outpost camp. Almost a full
      day....

      Otherwise like everyone said, there's generally plenty of water.
      have a great trip - Quake
      http://fredsharples.com/jmt.html

      On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      > I'll be hiking JMT from Reds Meadows to WP starting 3rd week of July
      > 2008 thru mid-August. I would like to know where the long stretches are
      > without water for that time of year (based upon 2007 or years prior to that
      > -- name the year). I saw this on a trail forum for a starter piece for this
      > thread.
      >

      > http://trailforums.net/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=21994&Thread=1&roomID=31&entryID=78994
      > Lisa
      >

      > Plenty of water
      > The longest stretch without a reliable water source is roughly 5ish miles
      > between Deer Creek and Duck Creek. Otherwise, there will be plenty of water
      > sources along the trail.
      > 8/14/07 5:01 PM
      > report to moderator

      Orange Design Inc.