1945Re: [John Muir Trail] Longest Stretch without Water on JMT

  • Fred Sharples
    Mar 27, 2008
      In addition to Dear Creek, also keep in mind Seldon Pass down to Paiute
      creek. (if you bypass Muir Trail Ranch)

      also Guitar Lake and up over the summit of Whitney. Last June water was
      almost non-existent until you get down to near Outpost camp. Almost a full

      Otherwise like everyone said, there's generally plenty of water.
      have a great trip - Quake

      On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      > I'll be hiking JMT from Reds Meadows to WP starting 3rd week of July
      > 2008 thru mid-August. I would like to know where the long stretches are
      > without water for that time of year (based upon 2007 or years prior to that
      > -- name the year). I saw this on a trail forum for a starter piece for this
      > thread.
      > http://trailforums.net/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=21994&Thread=1&roomID=31&entryID=78994
      > Lisa
      > Plenty of water
      > The longest stretch without a reliable water source is roughly 5ish miles
      > between Deer Creek and Duck Creek. Otherwise, there will be plenty of water
      > sources along the trail.
      > 8/14/07 5:01 PM
      > report to moderator

      Orange Design Inc.