1944[John Muir Trail] Re: Longest Stretch without Water on JMT

  • hmdsierra
    Mar 27, 2008
      It was definately a high point of our trip. Our mood changed in just
      a few seconds. It was the best view I've ever had of that area and we
      were back there twice. The other times just didn't match the
      experience of that day in 1982. And the icing on the cake was that by
      the time we arrived at Duck Ck. the sky was clearing. We had thought
      about just staying in camp that morning due to the weather and our
      downcast mood but I'm pleased that we didn't. At one point during the
      stroll along the canyon the clouds came up and enveloped us in a fog.