1942Re: Longest Stretch without Water on JMT

  • hmdsierra
    Mar 27, 2008
      I felt the same way about this sction for a bit when my son and I did
      JMT. We had just lost my friend on the hike the day before due to
      knee problems. It was a showery day and we were slogging through the
      pumice. However, we suddendly broke over the ridge and had our first
      view of Cascade Valley. Because of the weather the scene was always
      shifting with the clouds swirling around there and the sun shining
      through here then changing. Although it is still a fine view I
      haven't seen it presented that way since.

      <http://trailforums.net/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=21994&Thread=1&room