1936Longest Stretch without Water on JMT

    Mar 25, 2008
      I'll be hiking JMT from Reds Meadows to WP starting 3rd week of July 2008 thru mid-August. I would like to know where the long stretches are without water for that time of year (based upon 2007 or years prior to that -- name the year). I saw this on a trail forum for a starter piece for this thread.

      http://trailforums.net/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=21994&Thread=1&roomID=31&entryID=78994
      Lisa

      Plenty of water
      The longest stretch without a reliable water source is roughly 5ish miles between Deer Creek and Duck Creek. Otherwise, there will be plenty of water sources along the trail.
      8/14/07 5:01 PM
      report to moderator