19235RE: [John Muir Trail] Electrolyte replacement . . . and what to do with all them electrlytes when they're used up and ready to go . . .

  • robert shattuck
    Sep 30, 2011
      "You could add a wide mouth collapsible Nalgene cantene 1L bottle to take care of business during the night and you'll never have to freeze again.:-)"

      just a note . . . this year I elected not to buy my usual gatorade "pee" bottle in the valley and instead, since I was using freeze dried mountain house, I figured, why not give this a try and they worked just fine. Just make sure to seal them back up and as an extra precaution, I elected to place the bag outside the tent, rather than make the mistake of having it fall over . . .

      BOB