1865Re: Getting to and from the trail

  • rambler4466
    Mar 4 6:50 PM
      It might be cheaper to fly to Oakland. From Oakland take Amtrak to Merced. From Merced
      take YARTS (a bus line) to Yosemite. However, because of train schedules, you might not be
      able to fly into Oakland soon enough to catch the train, and the YARTS bus does not run on
      weekends. You could fly into Fresno which is closer to Merced and again take Amtrak and
      Yarts. YARTS does have an ealy morning connection from Mariposa. Bakersfield is another
      airport with similar connections, and is closer to Lone Pine.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "scottasinner" <scottasinner@...> wrote:

      > I am from Harrisburg, PA. I am hiking the trail this summer and was
      > wondering how I would get to and from the trail. If I fly in to say,
      > San Francisco, what is the cheapest way to travel? What do other
      > people do?

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic