1830[John Muir Trail] Re: East Side Transportation

  • Paul
    Feb 12, 2008
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...>
      wrote:
      >Roleigh,

      They run every 30 minutes from the top of the ski lift. See my post
      #1806 from yesterday for details on how to get from Mammoth Lakes to
      the top of the ski hill. The cost is around $12 per person.

      Nate,

      You can leave your vehicle both at Whitney Portal and Yosemite for
      extended periods of time, many people do. Just make sure no food is in
      the vehicle.

      Paul
      > How often do shuttles (from Mammoth) go to Reds Meadows or Postpile
      Monument (to get onto the JMT) starting at the point nearest Mammoth
      Lakes? We intend to hike from that point near Reds Meadows to Whitney
      Portal in late July/August this year.