1790Re: [John Muir Trail] South Lake entry reservation

  • clairehiker
    Jan 27, 2008
      I'm wondering how you describe "poor condition." Was the trail rocky, not easy to find, of
      steep elevation? I was planning to do the south lake-north lake trip but may also reverse
      my direction on your advice. Did you camp at North Lake the night before you started?
      How far is the camp from the trailhead? Does there seem to be adequate traihead parking?