17874Re: [John Muir Trail] another one . . . be careful . . .

  • speedcenter2001
    Aug 2, 2011
      remove the cables, problem solved. Put a few cemented bolt anchors up there instead, so that climbers who bring ropes can be safe. That beats traction aids.

      I am always amazed to see people use nothing more than a pair of gloves found on a pile below the cables as their only safety device, when it takes nothing more than a rope and two carabiners to be 100% safe on the cables. you can go fancy and even use a harness, gut I guess that part would require thinking outside the box and not following the herd.

      these were the conditions when the accident happened - some people clearly used their good judgement and turned around:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abjc0u0QBOs
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic