17861Re: [John Muir Trail] Check-in/OK message from Mickye SPOT Messenger

  • targetdoggmechanic
    Aug 1, 2011
      I thought it was neat to see these...not all of us carry spots anyways. I like seeing everyone's daily progress, maybe there's a way to give the group members access to a special spot website where we can follow along instead. I know Peter B. Did this but he has his own site. I can't remember if spot has a "web only" option.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

      > Hi John,
      > So far this is the only one we are getting, I believe, so could we keep this one going? If we get inundated, then maybe put them on moderated status? Thanks,
      >
      > Barbara
      > Typos by iPad
      >
      > On Aug 1, 2011, at 8:09 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:
      >
      > > This seems like a bad idea. If everyone auto forwards his Spot OK messages to the group we would have serious overload. In Roleigh's absence I am going to make a decision to put mikye on moderated status and block these. Please let me know if you think I am being high handed
      > >
      > > John Ladd (comoderator)
      > >
      > > On Monday, August 1, 2011, <mickyeadams@...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Mickye
      > > > Latitude:37.82258
      > > > Longitude:-119.41811
      > > > GPS location Date/Time:08/01/2011 17:51:10 PDT
      > > >
      > > > Message:All is well in the Range of Light.
      > > >
      > > > Click the link below to see where I am located.
      > > > http://fms.ws/5YiNZ/37.82258N/119.41811W
      > > >
      > > > If the above link does not work, try this link:
      > > > 37.82258,-119.41811 <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.82258,-119.41811&ll=37.82258,-119.41811&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1>
      > > >
      > > > Mickye
      > > >
      > > > You have received this message because Mickye has added you to their SPOT contact list.
      > > >
      > > > Every day is an Adventure. Share Yours.
      > > > http://www.findmespot.com
      > > >

      > > --
      > > John Curran Ladd