17855RE: [John Muir Trail] another one . . . be careful . . .

  • robert shattuck
    Aug 1 5:56 PM

      "without worrying about the gun-totin bears."

      Don't you mean, "gun-toting bores" . . . anyway . . . yeah, the NF . . . but come on . . . My guess would really be the Disney Corp––they missed out on turning Mineral King into a wild ride back in the 60's . . . imagine getting towed to the top of HD . . . getting your pic taken with Yogi Bear (courtesy of hanna-barbera) . . . or there could be a "face-off" between Yogi and smokey and then you'd jump into your logger-coaster and scream down the former cable section, slam a hard right and race down,  passing through both falls before hitting the valley and coasting to a stop in front of the Awahnee . . .

      http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2003/05/26/176.aspx

      The North Face, of course, would have the contract to supply (daily) thousands of plastic ponchos with their logo on them, of course, so that you won't get wet as you pass by the falls, screaming as you catch a glimpse of some crazy stunt man shooting off the edge of the swelling Nevada
      falls (don't worry, he's on a thin tether) screaming, "Hey check me ouuuuu . . . "

      And they could sell little sections of the old cables.

      okay . . .guess I'll go back to field strippin' my PPK.

      BOB

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: mlaccs@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:46:56 -0700
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] another one . . . be careful . . .

      You guys are so negative.   Don't you see that North Face has been working on this deal for years.  They can do a deal with REI in a mini-mart fashion and let you eat lunch without worrying about the gun-totin bears.

      On Aug 1, 2011, at 4:39 PM, robert shattuck wrote:

      "I bet the day will come when the park service will decide to remove the cables permanently."

       it's coming . . . the Oracle*Tram and a Starbucks on the top.

      *or google, K-mart, Microsoft . . .

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic