17849RE: [John Muir Trail] another one . . . be careful . . .

  • Bill Hegardt
    Aug 1, 2011

      I believe the granite between the cables is slowly getting worn smoother each year with all the foot traffic making accidents like this more likely. I used to think people traveling outside the cables were crazy. Now I think they may be on to something. I bet there's quite a bit more traction out there.

      I bet the day will come when the park service will decide to remove the cables permanently.

      - Bill

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic