Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

1783[John Muir Trail] Re:Where does one get JMT permit if starting at Red Meadows on

Expand Messages
  • clairehiker
    Jan 25, 2008
      You have to reserve and pick up your permit from whatever agency the
      trailhead starts in, and it is good for the whole trip, even if you
      cross other national parks or forests. For Reds Meadow, it is Inyo
      National Forest


      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Martin" <sriprank@...>
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@>
      > >
      > > Frank,
      > >
      > > I think you are right about not being able to obtain a
      > > permit at Tuolumne for entering the trail on Reds and
      > > exiting Whitney. But earlier this year I reserved to
      > > enter over Kearsarge exiting Whitney and they said I
      > > had to pick it up in person - that they don't leave
      > > them outside any longer.
      > >
      > > Thomas
      > That must be a new wrinkle. Earlier in 2007 I picked them up
      > afterhours at Bridgeport for Green Lake TH and in Lone Pine for
      > Creek. That was in May/June.
      > thanks,
      > frank
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic