17507Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT Trip Report

  • mdundas11
    Jul 21, 2011
      It took us 2 days. We stayed on the High Trail of the PCT from Thousand Island lake to Agnes Meadow / Mammouth. The JMT takes you up to Shadow Lake which looks beautiful but we were wanted to stay on the more heavily traveled path. Some great views on the high trail and no snow.

      The only possible challenges for you are the stream crossings from Island Pass to Donahue. They were thigh high for us but not too bad. And Donahue itself. Dropping from Donahue into Lyell Canyon will be a little steep in the snow, but there are very good steps.

      PS: be sure to follow the footsteps coming down off Island Pass so you stay on route...
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic