1742Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: basic choice

  • thomas taylor
    Dec 20, 2007
      I disagree! There is a LOT of spectacular scenery
      between Donahue Pass and the Piute Junction - way too
      much to skip out on. In fact the only section that I
      found 'boring' was a small section of a few miles
      immediately out of Reds to about Purple Lake.

      If you want to avoid the weekenders go late spring.
      The only people you'll run into will be those doing
      the PCT AND the peaks (and passes) will be snowy. A
      scenery filled with snowy peaks makes it for me.

      Thomas

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic