1741Re: Rookie needs help

  • Jay Strine
    Dec 20, 2007
      I am sorry I wrote that backwards. I stated put starting at Happy
      Isles adds a day. I ment to write Happy Isles to Sunrise is uphill.
      Sorry I wrote that in a rush, I was at work. Thank you for pointing
      that out, my intention was not to miss inform anyone.

      Thank you,
      Jay Strine
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Bankhead"
      <wandering_bob@...> wrote:
      > Actually, from Sunrise High Sierra Camp (9320') to Happy Isles
      (4035') is mostly all DOWNHILL.
      > Sunrise was open when I went through this August, but they had to
      pack in all their water, which they reserved for their guests and
      staff. It's true that water was scarce this year between Happy Isle
      and Tuolumne Meadows, but we had no problems. We got water at Upper
      Cathedral Lake, from a deep pool in a creek bed south of Long Meadow,
      and again from the Mercedd River at Little Yosemite Valley. From
      there, you essentially follow the river down to the valley so water
      is easy to come by.
      > Jay is correct; you can set your watch by the opening and closing
      of the Tuolumne Grill. It's all business and virtually zero customer
      concern - stand in line, place your order, pay, get your food, get
      out and make room for other customers. The store is friendly and open
      longer. We got there on the 7 pm YARTS bus from the Valley, and it
      was still going strong, but I've forgotten just when it does close.