1726Re: [John Muir Trail] Re:Where does one get JMT permit if starting at Red Meadows on

  • thomas taylor
    Dec 3, 2007
      I think they said that this was a new rule for the
      national parks or whitney only. They will put the
      permit in the overnight box for trips that do not
      enter a NP. I called in to reserve for another hike
      and they put it on the overnight box at Mono Lake
      Visitors Center.

      Thomas
      --- Frank Martin <sriprank@...> wrote:

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor
      > <tgtaylor7@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Frank,
      > >
      > > I think you are right about not being able to
      > obtain a
      > > permit at Tuolumne for entering the trail on Reds
      > and
      > > exiting Whitney. But earlier this year I reserved
      > > enter over Kearsarge exiting Whitney and they said
      > > had to pick it up in person - that they don't
      > leave
      > > them outside any longer.
      > >
      > > Thomas
      >
      > That must be a new wrinkle. Earlier in 2007 I
      > picked them up
      > afterhours at Bridgeport for Green Lake TH and in
      > Lone Pine for George
      > Creek. That was in May/June.
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > frank