1725[John Muir Trail] Re:Where does one get JMT permit if starting at Red Meadows on

  • Frank Martin
    Dec 3, 2007
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@...> wrote:

      > Frank,
      >
      > I think you are right about not being able to obtain a
      > permit at Tuolumne for entering the trail on Reds and
      > exiting Whitney. But earlier this year I reserved to
      > enter over Kearsarge exiting Whitney and they said I
      > had to pick it up in person - that they don't leave
      > them outside any longer.
      >
      > Thomas

      That must be a new wrinkle. Earlier in 2007 I picked them up
      afterhours at Bridgeport for Green Lake TH and in Lone Pine for George
      Creek. That was in May/June.

      thanks,

      frank
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic